Sunday 15 June 2014

Happiness is new trails

Today we ran McDougall Rim Trial.  This was a first time for me on this trail.  I love running in new areas and discovering new trails.  It was pretty with all the wild flowers out, and the forested trails.  We were a slow group today, but we were out there for 4 hours and 12 minutes.  Good company and lots of conversation made the hours fly by.  We did 940 meters in elevation - it felt like nothing!  The first two hours were up and up and up on the backside of the mountain.  Across the top had some fantastic view spots, and the long descent, was as always so much fun!!  The top of the Rim trail is above the Rose Valley run, that I wrote about here.

Check out this view off the back side of the mountain:

Here's some shots of our group:



A great time was had by all!!  I love where I live!!

No comments:

Post a Comment