Wednesday 11 June 2014

Hell Hill!!

There is this hill that we do hill repeats on.  We call it Hell Hill!!  It's one hell of a big hill.  It happens to be right across the street from my house as well - so it's definitely something I do on a regular basis.  Here is a very short part of the hill:


Tonight I did 4 repeats.  The most I had ever done before was 3 and the 4th one was tough.  We're doing it 2 more times this clinic so I'll be doing 5 the next time and then 6 after that.  Yes, this is training for my race in Squamish, BC, Canada.  Here is the link if you'd like to check it out:  Squamish Link  I'm doing the 50km, but there is a 50 mile option as well as a 23km option.

My house is really close to the trail.  there is a junction on the trail part way up that if you go right it takes you the road, and then cross the road and voila - I'm at home.  I liken it to doing a run that you have to run by your car every hour.  The first run by is easy - no worries - things are good.  The second run by feels like a 2 hour run, still feeling pretty good, hardly notice the 'car'.  By the third pass I'm thinking. . . hmmm might be nice to head to the right . . .  By the fourth pass, it feels like a four hour run and I'm almost begging myself to turn right!!

I got home from the run, cracked open a beer and sat on the patio with the garden hose running cold water over my legs - Yeah baby - that felt good!!

Here's the view from the top of Hell Hill.  I got to experience this 4 times!!  Well actually I could have experienced it 4 times . . .but I forgot to look . . . :(  It's Hell Hill - what can I say!!





No comments:

Post a Comment