Tuesday 3 June 2014

Training - Can Be Time Consuming!

Training for an ultra is a huge time commitment.  I am also a CPA in public practice and from January until April my full time job turns ino a full-time plus a part-time job.  During this time basically all I do is work, run, eat and sleep.

So how do I do it?!?!  I don't have any kids, so this makes it much easier already.  I also have a husband that supports me in everything that I do, and I am so grateful for him.  Overall he makes my life pretty easy!  January to April he takes over.  I'm fed, have clean laundry and a clean home - no complaints!  I could only hope to be half as supportive as him.  Oh and did I mention that he's totally handsome as well!!




He doesn't run.  He's a tennis guy so we have to make an effort to find time to do things together.  I do play tennis with him sometimes, and we both like to mountain bike.  The key to keeping it all together I think is respecting each other's interests, but ensuring that we are regularly connecting and doing fun stuff together.  It's pretty easy to get absorbed in what your goals are, and forget that you have to nurture your relationship as well.

He is so awesome and so good to me.  I love him so much, and am so lucky to have such a supportive wonderful man by my side. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment