Saturday 31 May 2014

The Beauty in Running :)

Rose Valley Reservoir, near Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

This had of been the most amazing run I have been on this year.  28 trail runners all ran together for about 21km early one Sunday morning in April.  The views were stunning.  It's times like these that I truly feel blessed.  Most days I am just happy to be out in nature, soaking up what life has to offer.  Thankful that I live in a safe environment, and have the ability to run and experience all of it.  Sometimes when I am running and I'm not having the greatest run, I think of these runs, and just start to look for the beauty that surrounds me at any given time.  No matter where you are, there is always something that stands out, that makes you take notice, to soak it all up. 

Sunday mornings are a great part of my week.  I get to get up early and enjoy my morning coffee.  Often my husband gets up with me and he will make me a poached egg on a bed of spinach.  I love that!  I love being pampered  ;).  Then off I go to run with a wonderful group of people.  I always have so much fun.  I run five times a week and two of those days I run with my running group.  Sundays are our long run days and Wednesday we do either hill or speed work.  Here is part of the gang from our Rose Valley run.   

The entire 25km track has an elevation gain of just over 1100 metres.  There is one monster hill that really wipes you out, but the view from the top:



Makes it more than worthwhile.  And of course on the other side is the long downhill snaking down with lots of switcbacks, making you feel like you are piece of bubble gum rolling down that circular bubblegum track!!

A few weeks later I ran my first 25km race here in the end of April.  Check out the race details here.  Maybe in 2015 this could be a race for you!!






No comments:

Post a Comment